Thursday, May 21, 2009

Travelling is fun..

From the childhood, I loved the word traveling. Whenever my parents told me that we are going somewhere, I feel so excited that I prepared for the trip from then only. I have been to many places when I was small though in India only. I have traveled to the South (mysore, ooty, bangalore), to the north (Kashmir, Amarnath and other hill stations), west (jaipur) but not towards east. I really want to visit Sikkim, Darjeeling and those far east places.

But right now, travelling word has been deleted from my life. Its been ages since I last went out somewhere. I desperately need a break and wanted to go out somewhere I can find peace, tranquility and something to explore. I am looking forward to the camping kind of stuff where I can climb mountains and do trekking, rappelling, kayaking, etc. There are many places in India where we can do such stuff.

There is a place near Nainital, 50 kms to be exact- it is called as Mukteshwar where we can do all these activities.
Mukteshwar is located on one of the highest ridges in the middle Kumaon and apart from breathtaking Himalayan views, it is also known for its fruit orchards. Here, we can find Adventure Holiday Camps and Trekking in Himalayas. Superb place to visit. My next destination will surely gonna be this place.

No comments: