Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life in a camp



I don't know why I am writing this, just remembering few events from the past. Long time ago, when I completed my schooling and about to take admission in college, I attended a camp in the outskirts of Delhi. It was a 10 days camp in which I have to spend these 10 days with lots of physical activities like swimming, running, drilling, horse riding, martial arts, games, yoga, etc. and work hard to build personality. We are about 30 guys in a camp including my brother. The camp was organized in a huge farm house owned by one of the leading entrepreneurs of India. It has two football grounds (now u can imagine how big it was). There were different groups, we were the freshers there and therefore treated as juniors. We had to stay in one huge hall which was on the first floor of one of the buildings.

It was in the outskirts of Delhi, so there was lot of greenery around. Though we are juniors there but we are very strong individuals and have beaten many groups in all the activities. In the end, we were chosen as the best group among all the 6 groups.

One incident that I still remember is one of the instructor was very strict (he is a retired army man), and we as a group were having some differences with him. So he doesn't miss a chance to give us punishment and make us work hard in all the physical activities (exercises, swimming, horse riding, martial arts, etc.). Though these activities are fun but he made our life miserable. He did beat one of the guy with hunter from our group and only then we collectively came forward and saved the poor fellow. We all cried like anything in front of him and only then he stopped.

One day, we had a session of horse riding on a football ground. My turn came to control the horse and ride the nasty animal. I somehow managed to control it, but when I tried to ride it, it ran very fast. I again controlled it but then it stopped and doesn't move. It stopped under the goal post. I gave all the instructions, made all the signals to move the horse but it doesn't. I was helpless as nobody was around. Finally I got the idea to get rid of the animal. As it was standing under the goal post, I stand on horse and grabbed the pole. As soon as I gripped the pole and hang from it, horse ran towards its instructor. That was one of the funniest and most embarrassing moment of my life.

(To be continued.....)

No comments: