Thursday, February 2, 2012

Revisiting Old Memories

What if you coming after giving your C.B.S.E. class 12th final exam, get picked from the examination center and told that we are moving to a new house? I was shocked but had to leave the place where I have spent my childhood (16 years).

Yesterday I revisited the same place Dilshad Garden where I have lived my carefree life. I miss that place so much that if I have been given chance now to shift, I would go there. With my friends, I use to sit in the park, play cricket, talk nonsense, sense, dreaming about future. Talking about everything which a teenager likes to do at that age. We use to spend our summer holidays by sitting at the park benches and playing. The day was also special because it was my school friend's wedding reception. I was meeting him after 12 years. Can you believe it!! That too on a day when he is entering a new phase of his life. We used to sit together in a class in school. If that is not enough, one more coincidence. The venue he has chosen is just opposite to the school where we have studied. I have lost contact with him just after finishing 12th. How we met again was altogether a different and interesting story. I was going through all the same stuff again. The streets, roads and parks which used to be so big at that time are now looking so small, as if they are making me feel guilty that I do not come there anymore.

I was remembering the blocks, pockets, roads. Though I wanted to meet more friends there but couldn't because I went there from Delhi Metro and I was hoping to catch the metro on time on my way back. I will again go there soon to catch all the stuff which I have missed in these last 12  years.

No comments: