Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rahul Dravid Retires

I follow Cricket like anything but I do not write much about cricket on my blog because there is so much of it everyday. I write only when something important happens in cricket like I wrote when England won the Ashes and India winning World Cup 2011.

Now when Rahul Dravid plans to retire from International Cricket, the news has to be important and I had to write about it. This person has made an impact both on and off the field. He is down to earth person even after scoring so many runs, breaking so many records and an important figure in International Cricket. Other than his batting I like his attitude. He has made some impact on me as well. One can learn from his personality. He is a person who will walk on the broken glasses if his team asks him to. He has always been a team man.


In India, where Cricket is followed as the Religion, there have been many legends and one of them is Rahul Dravid. For his achievements,records, He's been the 'Unsung' Hero. The quote that suits him the best is, "Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent. Whenever team is in trouble, Whom do you turn to? "Rahul Dravid!” He has truly been "The Wall" for Indian Cricket Team.

Now that he is planning to retire I would say "Gentleman's game will truly lose its Gentleman".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOod One
ALLrounder

Varun said...

Thanks Anonymous :)